Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Newcomer Baka Ranger has joined the Brawl

Note: I have learned that its my Wii thats making my game immensly slow. Sorry Smash Bros, I knew you wouldn't sell out badly. *bow*

Heya all this is my first blog, I hope it peaks people's curiousity of what the hell I'm doing, what I'm spending money on, and other random tidbits of my life aka my life story as its being lived. I've been meaning to create a blog sight for a very long time, but mainly A) couldn't be bothered, B) dunno who'll read it C) afraid. I got over the afraidedness, and the couldn't be bothered part. Gotten over the dunno who'll read it with the exact same statement, meh dunno who'll read it. ^^

With the general rambling out of the way now onto the main discussion. I recently bought Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I've thorougly enjoyed it so far, single player classic mode is a tad laggy and its very irritable when I defeat the opponent in under 30 seconds and then have to wait for another 30 seconds for the next battle. Very very boring and a mood breaker. But alas the multiplayer is phenomenal (not wi-fi), no lag time or very little at all, some stages are a bit bland or too complex, not enough decent stages like in the gamecube version of Super Smash Brothers Melee.

The Adventure mode, wow it really suprised me, at first I thought it was really crap, the mid didn't get any better, in fact it got worse, the end, wow it really kicked ass, and how I wish it was like this throughout the entire game. The things that I found really dodgy and crap were some of the stages, some of the moving parts of the game were ridicolously slow, like you are being chased and you cannot hurt the boss, therefore the only option is to run, for about 3/4 of the time I was either standing and waiting for the screen to move or walking away from an enemy.

But some of those moving stages the movement of the stage is akward, you try and destroy the obstacles but enemies get in the way, you destroy the enemies but the stage moves to where you cannot see a damn thing and the obstacles get hard to well... impossible to see, then you try and get down but you lose a life.

Where they've placed some of the launchers are just plained stupid or absolutely unneccessary, a launcher into spikes and if you have a large enough percent, you get caught in the launcher again, wow nice work... one more thing enemies... way too many at certain points, like areas where you can die from one hit on 0%. Very very steep learning curve, although once you figure out how to defeat the enemies its a piece of cake, too bad those enemies are usually the last battle you have to fight. If you continue you lose trophies, stickers and other goodies that you've found along the way, and being a completist I didn't want to continue. Much swearing throughout the entire mode. Last boss loads of swearing to be had, but I finally finished it today. Hurray hurray.

Overall unlocking things, collecting things, doing the events on the hardest difficulty for bragging rights, so much frustration, although all these faults in solo play the multiplayer is fantastic as Nintendo are very notorious for multiplayer games, <3.

*cough* No I'm not a nintendo fanboy *cough cough*

Anyway time to sign off for now. Hope you enjoyed the rant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few spielling errors, but interesting nonetheless. I'll be following from the shadows. (Under your bed.)

-Someone you know.